iPad - iPhone
Radio Navigation Simulator (Student Edition) is a precision 2D Flight Simulator, designed for iPad, iPhone and iPod, that enables pilots and students to practice, understand, and become proficient in the use, and management of VOR, VOR-DME and ADF instruments, all of which are displayed on a realistic Flight Panel, with a Directional Gyro and other Flight Panel functionality.
RNS is flown in a Synthetic Flight Environment, with real world derived aeronautical data, using latitude and longitude mapping, where flight training can take place. Its features include:
- A Synthetic Aeronautical Database Area, with VOR, VOR-DME and NDB Radio Navigation Facilities.
- Unlimited Latitude and Longitude mapping. Featured Facilites area approx 300x200 nm.
- Realistic Flight Panel & Instruments with VOR, DME, ADF (RMI/RBI), and Directional Gyro .
- ADF, NAV1 and NAV2 Radios with DME.
- Flight Panel and Navigation Chart, both simultaneously displayed.
- Scaleable Chart with Facility Symbols, Idents, VOR Radials, Planned Routes, Aircraft symbol with Track Trail, and Full Chart management.
- Airspeed range 60 to 600 knots.
- Altitude management and display.
- Flight in Real or Compressed Time.
- Wind velocity, speeds from 0 to 99 kts, from any direction, steady or variable.
- Dead Reckoning Navigation Capability.
- Intuitive Multi-Gesture Operated User Interface, with Touch Button Flight Controls.
- Multi-Function PopUp Toolbars and Enuciators to manage Flight Panel & Chart facilities.
- Embedded Getting Started Help.
- Printable Radio Nav exercises with charts.
"Little did I know that the 30 minutes I spent playing with his application was the reason I flew the approach so awesomely!"